This recipe is part of RM15 Meal program.
A delicious yet easy meal for 4-6 pax with cost not more than RM 15.
(RM = Ringgit Malaysia)
|INGREDIENTS:||Cost in RM:|
|2 tbsp Butter (good one, not margarine!!)||1|
|1,5 tbsp Flour||0.1|
|300-400 gr Chicken Fillet, dice into cube||5|
|400-500ml Milk (adjust the thickness of the sauce)||2|
|125 gr Cream Cheese (optional)||3.5|
|1 tsp Dry Oregano||0.2|
|1 tsp Coarse Black Pepper||0.2|
|½ tsp salt (to taste)||0|
|450-500 gr Pasta (Spaghetti or fettuccine or any pasta, except Angel Hair) + 1 tbsp salt||3|
For the Pasta:
- Boil enough water, add 1 tbsp of salt to it
- When the water starts to boil, put in the pasta, cook according to the time given in the package (al dente)
- Adjust the heat to avoid the water from over boiled, stir once in a while
For the Sauce:
- Heat up the non-stick pan
- Once the pan is hot, lower the heat to Medium Low, melt 1 tbsp of butter
- Add chicken, cook until tender, once the chicken is cooked, move it out to a plate.
- Continue with medium low heat, melt the other 1 tbsp butter
- Add 1 tbsp flour, whisk thoroughly for couples of seconds so the flour cooked, but don’t burn the flour!
- (if the heat too hot, adjust to low heat)
- Add the milk, keep whisking until no lump and sauce is thickened
- Add the cooked chicken
- Add the oregano, coarse black pepper, salt (to taste)
- Add the cream cheese until it is melted, if the sauce is too thick, can add milk/water
- Put in the cooked and drained pasta to the sauce
- Ready to serve
If you have extra budget, you can add or replace the chicken with pork bacon.
You can replace the full milk into low fat milk for your diet
You can skip the cream cheese, but adjust with more salt