This recipe is part of RM15 Meal program.
A delicious yet easy meal for 4-6 pax with cost not more than RM 15.
(RM = Ringgit Malaysia)
|INGREDIENTS:||Cost in RM:|
|For the Fried Chicken:|
|Cooking oil to fry the chicken||2|
|½ Chicken, cut into small pieces (ask butcher to cut for you!)||9|
|5 tbsp flour||0.3|
|3 tbsp maizena/tapioca||0.2|
|1.5 tsp Salt & ½ tsp white pepper||0.1|
|For the Sauce:|
|3 tbsp Cooking oil||0.2|
|1 Yellow Onion, thinly slice||0.2|
|2 Tomato (deseeded, slice)||0.3|
|5 cloves Garlic – grated||0.5|
|½ bottle Tomato Sauce||1.5|
|½ cup water (adjust)||0|
|2-3 tbsp sugar (to taste)||0.2|
|½ – 1 tsp salt (to taste)||0|
|1 tbsp maizena/tapioca flour + 3 tbsp cold water (thickening agent)||0.1|
For the Fried Chicken:
- Heat the cooking oil in the wok until very hot (if not, the chicken will absorb the oil and will be soggy and oily)
- While waiting the oil, season the chicken, cover with the flour
- Once the oil is heated up, fry the chicken in medium high heat, manage the crowd in your wok, do not over crowd as it will lower the oil temperature, your chicken will be soggy and not crispy. You can consider frying he chicken in batches.
- Fry for more or less 5-7 minutes depend on your chicken size.
For the sauce:
- Heat up the pan, add 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Add the sliced yellow onion
- Add the garlic
- Cook for a while
- Add the sliced – deseeded Tomato, stir.
- Add the tomato sauce, water
- Add the sugar and salt (to taste)
- Once it is well seasoned, add the thickening agent (in a small bowl, mix together the flour and cold water, stir)
- Ready to serve as per your preference (you can combine the chicken and the sauce together or you can separate)
Note: You can replace the half chicken with: chicken fillet/pork/fish/calamari